Readers Digest (September 2010) gives us simple tips to take care of our teeth and I am sharing some of these tips because it is useful to all of us:
1. If you are a parent, it is essential to take your kid regularly for dental check ups to a qualified and well experienced pedodontist. Ask the pedodontist to show you how to make your child brush his/her teeth properly. Ask tips on how to choose the paste and brush for your kid. Those are little details but important, nevertheless.
2. Use floride toothpaste and brush twice a day. Ideally, you must spend at least 3 minutes brushing your teeth and ensuring that all the nooks and corners of your teeth are brushed properly.
3. Avoid consuming or giving candies and soft drinks to others because it exposes the teeth to sugar, leads to acid formation and dental caries. Avoid brushing your teeth immediately after drinking colas because it can damage the teeth enamel due to etching.
4. If you eat anything that is sticky and tends to cling around your teeth, brush your teeth half an hour later.
5. Fruits, nuts and raw vegetables are good for the teeth.
6. Drinking tea or coffee frequently is bad for the teeth. It increases the risk of tooth decay.
Dentists advise that toxins in the mouth can lead to dangerous diseases that affect the body as well. When you opt for regular dental check ups, you can know whether this is the case but if left unaddressed, it can affect your heart and other vital organs of the body.
Be conscious of your teeth, do the little things that help it to shine and sparkle and keep smiling.
Thursday, September 23, 2010
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.